Early this month, the government Cabinet made a draft decision to form a committee to regulate non-Qatari ownership and use of real estate.
According to Gulf Times, the draft included the formation of the committee headed by a representative of the Ministry of Justice with the membership of representatives of the authorities concerned.
The committee will be tasked with following according to a report by Gulf Times:
1. Proposing areas where non-Qataris are allowed to own and use real estate
2. Proposing the terms and conditions of non-Qatari ownership and use of real estate
3. Proposing the benefits, incentives, and facilities granted to property owners and non-Qatari users
4. Proposing fees and services in the areas determined by the Cabinet
5. Any other functions ordered by a decision of the Council of Ministers